Sunday, December 10, 2006

porcine love


As shown last week, one must break out of the rut, the usual day to day making of pigs. Snuggling pig couples is the way ahead. There may be a chorus of 'ahhh, so cute!'
Regina Spektor again, 'Better'. This tune is all over the radio here, and you have to admit she really belts it out.
The real dream last night was helping my parents move, but the real undream nightmare was the late evening asthma attack, and like in that horror flick 'The hand that rocks the cradle' my inhaler was EMPTY and the backup was also EMPTY. Half a lifetime of asthma and this has never happened, so a late night road trip to the store for an OTC inhaler, and the fourth or fifth store (which I swear will be my loyal go-to place for the rest of my life, bless them) was CVS, open, with plenty of inhalers and I bought three, end of story, then a good nights sleep and now time to glaze a load of piggies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're okay. it's a good thing you live where you do and not where i live because there are no CVS here, nor any 24/7 pharmacies for that matter (they close at 8pm here).

Anonymous said...

All these Rite Aids cose at 9 apparently and Wegman's never closes but they were OUT and CVS closes at ten bless them, plus they had the stuff. No big deal in the end! I've never run out before. My asthma has been so inconsequential and mild for so long I have gotten lazy apparently.

Anonymous said...

CLOSE

Anonymous said...

man o man.. glad you are ok. I didn't know one could buy OTC inhaler! I don't even know if you can do that up here across the border. hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Well, its like a stone in your shoe: you have to get it out or it'll just keep bothering you. It doesn't go away. I realized this am there were at least 2 more stores I could have checked, but it worked out OK.
As for OTC inhalers, yes, they are out there, and work fine for me at a good price. BUT in the last five years they have occaisionally been hard to find because of some kind of manufacturing problem. I got 3 now.