Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I am a sick puppy




You know how you're at the store and some guy is sneezing and coughing all over and you're thinking 'eeewww, why did he come out here to share his germs with everybody and make them sick?'. I was that guy this morning at Target, but I was well when I left the house, but in six miles and six minutes I became a sneezing fool. I stocked up extra on tissues and chocolate for the long haul. After lunch I was like 'OMG! I'm bleeding all over!' but I realized it was just chili I had slathered all over my face. I'm not that sick, just a messy eater.
So, what does the self-employed work at home potter do when sick? Depends. If stuff is drying, like today, he works through it then reaches for the down comforter and pillow. I am calling it a day early. Later I babysit with the wife next door. This is a first, a reversal: I will be sneezing upon the kids, making them sick. They have done it to me a few times....
OH, so this group of pics. I have an idea for a type of cup with a new type of patterned handle. The cup and handle looked good, the base way too big. It goes on the scrap heap. Make another tomorrow and see how it goes.

10 comments:

Lynnea said...

Ok sick puppy, you're excused from work. Get lots of rest and eat soup. and plenty of spices. and drink water. have i bugged you enough? Im off to nurse my head cold too.

Anonymous said...

Green tea. Mmm. I seem to have come out the other side, Gary. Still coughing, though. Maggie has it right on the head: rest, rest and more rest.

Anonymous said...

OK, that would be about 3 hours in bed just now, and I feel actually a little like the banana the truck ran over.
Green tea. OK.
The work at home potter must catch up with the dishes, the cat box, then manfully go play baseball with the kids next door. That is what babysitting means with them: although I bet I can get away with standing there and pitching.
Boy, you people have kids, how do you do it?
Nice cup handle up there, yes?

Lynnea said...

Being sick with kids means barreling through your day until you can hopefully crawl in bed early at night and sleep off the buzzing in your ears.

Been taking some cold and flu medecine that is doing absolutely nothing.

Cup handle is cool - I like the shape of it.

Anonymous said...

i'll send you green healing energy (telepathically, of course).

Anonymous said...

I know such nice people.

Anonymous said...

Being sick with kids is no picnic. Maggie's right: you tend to collapse into bed when they do (8:00 around here, yay!).

Heck, I liked the whole cup, but who am I to day? ;-)

Anonymous said...

... who am I to say .. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gordo, but it was weird. That's experimentation. Somtimes you make something weird, learn from it, then go to bed with a cold.
Tea really does have healing properties, you are sure right about that!

Anonymous said...

I learned about the magic of green tea from my supervisor in a previous department here at Queen's. Before he turned evil. :-)