Monday, December 18, 2006

blue plate special


First thing's first: I have Iggy Pop on the mind, so here is a live performance with all the usual shirtless dancing and prancing. The man who invented punk!
As for plates, I was feeling so clever yesterday. I told myself 'hey, I can make a fresh stack of plates to serve guests next Saturday!' but any potter might laugh at that, realizing that the stuff has to be finished, dried, fired first then glazed and fired second, which at the soonest would be while the guests are eating the vegetarian feast I plan to make. With paper plates, I think.
OK, on to dreams. I dreamt of Mrs Pottersblog's boss last night, which is unmemorable, but then I dreamt we adopted the enormous, epileptic St. Bernard who lives up the street. Oscar makes our huge dogs look tiny but he is a sweet boy but rather drooly.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be talking plates and bowls in the coming months, my friend.

gary rith said...

At the rate I'm going, paper plates for you too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm talking Spring at the earliest. :-D I like the swirly centres.

Anonymous said...

And the glazes shall be swirly as well....
('centre', you Canadians crack me up! You spell like the English! How do you pronounce 'schedule'?)

Anonymous said...

We've had this discussion already, Yankee-boy. In person, even. :-)

Anonymous said...

Harbour! Labour! Chesterfield!
Youu folks are hysterical!

Anonymous said...

well NOT to rain on ANYONE's parade... but I'm calling the score 0-0 on this one hehehe.. I think gordo meant 'center' as opposed to 'centre' - a place/bldging - a noun.. so gary, you;'ve got nothing to raz about.

no foul, no 15 yrd penalty

down over!

(disclaimer: I refuse to acknowledge the slow drift of word meanings since I was a child in this argument)

Anonymous said...

I don't know why it seems so funny: you folks are just so much like us, but then these little differences pop up. And then there's that lady on your stamps and money...

Anonymous said...

hmm.. maybe it's just your proximity to our influence wafting down from the north?? =)

Anonymous said...

Oh. But wait, I'm confused...