Friday, December 08, 2006

IN THE FALL OF 1983.....



....I was 17, and a college freshman at Bennington. Funny how things come together. Yesterday I posted on Erica from college. Last night I dreamt it was a frantic end of college term. More to the point, yesterday I was shoveling snow and realized that my little back deck sculpture was made as an end of term project in December 1983, for my first ceramics class. It lived in my parents' yard for 20 some years, now mine. It has seen a lot of snow. SOOO, I took its picture, then thought I should complete the theme and dug out this picture of me in that very same college ceramics studio fall of 83. My sculpture is the same, but maybe I have improved with age.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were all once so very young...

Anonymous said...

Well, I still am. Young that is. I look a little grumpy in that picture. I had a lot to learn.

Anonymous said...

and you are never grumpy now.

Anonymous said...

I am rarely grumpy. What potter would be? I also have regular injections of coffee to keep on a cheerful level.

Anonymous said...

java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java java .... ahh cool calm and collected =)

Anonymous said...

well, yes, STRONG too

Anonymous said...

the photo brought back loads of memories. it was a privilege to have been a neighbor of yours waaaay back then. it was a fun time (probably the best year of my life). but those days seem so looooong ago...

Anonymous said...

Well, Big D, it wasn't the best year of my life, nor was any year from my age of 15-25. I was in a bad mood. YOU however, have always been a gentleman and good friend.