Monday, December 25, 2006

James Brown, Godfather of Soul, RIP

People probably think I will listen too nearly any music, but I love Motown. James Brown was the man, and this may be the the best performance by anybody we have had for tunes o' the day. Remember in the Charlie Brown Christmas, how the kids would dance? Watch real hep cats and cool dudes doing the Mashed Potato and the Bugaloo.
Dreaming? Not sugar plums. A visit to Toronto to visit all our friends there and the usual waiting-is-driving-me-nuts sequence with an ATM that was possessed, or at least foreign to this traveler.

4 comments:

The Internationalist said...

When I lived in Canada, I bought a twenty year old Mercedes Benz for about 2500 USD. In the summer, I used to drive around in it with the James Brown tunes turned right up. He will be missed (or, as they say in the movie The Razor's Edge: "He will not be missed")

Anonymous said...

The man lived a big life.

Anonymous said...

No more new bags for Papa ...

Anonymous said...

More from the Godfather of Soul Tuesday.