Tuesday, February 26, 2008

wood and metal photo challenge


(Penny at the wooden gate with the metal latch)

Tink's weekly photo challenge is one of those fun games to keep the ideas flowing, and have a good time too. This week, metal and wood, and until a minute ago, I had no idea what to do. But sitting there looking out the window and eating a monster peanut butter and jam sandwich, I saw the gate in the yard, and said 'ah ha! just add a beagle!!!!'.
Our winter in central NY, unlike much of the rest of the northeast and New England, has been mild. Yesterday was once again warm and sunny and the scant inch of snow we had melted away. Today is more typical February (more typical for the whole year!) with snow and ice coming down and arctic winds. No biggee, March is coming!

14 comments:

Gordo said...

We WERE supposed to get 10-15cm of snow today, but it doesn't look like that's happening. It's OK, we still have 60cm on the ground. :-D

gary rith said...

I am hoping this storm tracks your way, Gord

Tink said...

I just thought I'd let you know, it's 74 degrees here today. But I'm not rubbing it in or nuffin'. ;)

Susan as Herself said...

It's bitter cold and very windy here again, after a weekend "break" in the 30s... and of course we got about 6 inches more snow last night. Sigh. This has been a LONG winter in Chicago this year.

Hopefully Mrch wll be better.

Anonymous said...

Aw - Penny looks like she wants to go for a walk.

Gee I was thinking the same thing this morning, Gary - I hope this storm heads up to Canada! It started here at 9am as mostly rain, now it's full fledged snow and it's really coming down. *sigh*

kate&jim

Unknown said...

Very nice picture combining the theme, this was my first week of Weekly Word Challenge.

gary rith said...

hey, welcome mama bear and the rest of you!
Penny has had 2 snowy walks today, and the weather is stinko and here's the STINK EYE for Tink :(

Newt said...

Awww, too cute. Nice picture for WWC!!!!

cm said...

"just add a beagle" - words to live by.

gary rith said...

hello Newt!
well yes, any moment is better with a little beagle

Anonymous said...

Nice gate! And of course very good of you to include Penny in the pic. :)

I'm in love with the small blue pitcher. *sigh*

gary rith said...

well, um, it could be YOURS! :)

Anonymous said...

THis picture reminds of my class......standing at the playground gate when the garbage truck or UPS truck comes. They are awestruck.

Sigh, I'm in love with the little blue pitcher too.

Anonymous said...

THis picture reminds of my class......standing at the playground gate when the garbage truck or UPS truck comes. They are awestruck.

Sigh, I'm in love with the little blue pitcher too.