Thursday, February 28, 2008

the MEANING of this blog


When I began this blog one and a half years ago I had a 3-part plan. Now remember, my life is very ordinary and quiet, so it is surprising I was able to think of THREE daily items of interest. The list was: my pottery work that day, tunes o' the day and dreams o' the day. I became embarrassed about my dreams, left off music sometimes, added unicorns occaisionally, then started putting in a lot of pet pictures.
OK, I am not so embarrassed by my dreams obviously, and I hope they are amusing, so now I have decided to call it like it is, the official FOUR-PART purpose of potter's blog:
Daily dreams, music, pottery and pets by Gary Rith. There. No mention of unicorns, unless I dream of them.

8 comments:

Mona Buonanotte said...

I've been thinking about you all morning, as I've been using my new Monster Mug! And already people are coveting it!

Did you have a dream of the 50 ft woman?

Anonymous said...

it must be a matter if perspective.. she looks angry enough to be 225'! ;)

gary rith said...

I wish I dreamt of a 50 foot tall woman, as my dreams tend to be odd and non-sensical!

Gordo said...

Everyone needs some meaning in their lives. Even if it's only their online life. :-)

Anonymous said...

It;s hard to write something meaningful everyday.

Susan as Herself said...

I am not sure which I like better---the pottery or the pets. Both are so lovely.

gary rith said...

you're right Holley--I average 3-5 entirely non-meaningful posts a day!
Susan, I am not sure we are talking anymore but FLATTERY HELPS (Susan had made remarks about people with hair like mine: dandelion gone to seed)

cm said...

Everything is meaningful.