Saturday, February 23, 2008

down for the count!


I have given blood a million times in my life, but today I finished donating and was slurping down the juice and my head started swimming and falling all went black and next I knew I was lying on the floor with 3 nurses and my wife and I started to feel a little better but they moved to a cot in the broom closet (REALLY!!!!!!! the broom closet!!!!) and I was there awhile and then asked to go and my beautiful wife bought me lunch. I have never fainted before, but can't explain it. Before I gave blood, my BP was 120 something over 80 something, 1/2 hour after I fainted it had recovered up to 90 over 60. Wow! I wonder what it was when I hit the floor, like 10 over 9?
I am not a wimp, OH NO! This happened, remember, long after I was done with the needle...
(as for shoving me in the broom closet, I bet it is BAD FOR BUSINESS when people pass out after giving blood, and they know all the donors will leave!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They probably also hate it when people scream when stuck with a needle, but we did not witness that.
Oh, my. So much drama when doing a simple good deed.
You did great sweetie, and I'm glad you're not supine and pale anymore.

Anonymous said...

That's why I don't give blood! ha!

Glad you're feeling better - wadya have for lunch???

kate&jim

Gordo said...

Three nurses? So, I imagine this will become a regular occurrence, then? ;-)

Glad to hear you're up and about again.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Glad to hear you are okay. Fainting is NO fun!

I fainted the first time I got out of bed after Hannah was born, but considering what I had just gone thru . . . (and it earned me an extra day in the hospital - definitely NO fun).

Maybe it was hot in the building??

Anonymous said...

I really don't have an explanation! If it happens again I won't give blood. We went to Ithaca's College Town Bagels and had extra delicious vegan yummies for lunch!

Anonymous said...

A picture of count v. count of sesame street? Ha, ha, ha! I LOVE it!

EH