Monday, February 11, 2008

a reason to get up in the morning


(wicked cool elephant jar by Gary Rith)
Let's say you're me. It is the cold and ugly middle of February and football season is over. But let's count the blessings, shall we?
1) this cool jar, and the potential to make more like it! Being a potter is sooooooooo much FUN FUN FUN!
2) Valentine's week--a chance to spoil the wife and I bet she's extra nice too
3) I have a ceramics class at Cornell later today--I havn't taught or taken a class in more than 10 years! This may be fun, although it is almost giving me an anxiety attack...
4) hockey has weeks and months to go, including women's hockey here at Cornell, so a person doesn't miss football that much
5) baseball starts soon, which means SPRING
6) Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue arrives soon, but I didn't say that
7) beagles and labrador retrievers and different types of grey tigers in my house
8) March 1 is my wife's birthday, and it always feels like spring will come soon
9) getting netflix so we can watch South Park and Sopranos episodes on our dvd player
10) an interesting political season
11) the public library is still free
12) maybe in the spring visiting Kate and Jim, Denis, and Maurice and Celeste
13) sheesh, my family and friends are happy and healthy, you can't beat that.....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will add to that -

We are fortunate enough to be able to keep warm this winter. We have a nice home and running water and electricity. Some people are barely able to afford the basics and some...cannot.

We are a lucky bunch of people.

We're UP to a startling 6 degrees here, Gary! :) The sun is shining for today, anyway. Another storm coming in tomorrow into Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

i particularly like #12 (yeah, come visit!)...but who's this maurice and what is he doing with my celeste?! he better be a cat or a dog!

Anonymous said...

um, Celeste has another man in her life Big D......

Anonymous said...

say it ain't so! how could she do this to me?!

kill me...just kill me right now. the pain is too great.

meno said...

That is a cool jar.

Are you taking or teaching the class?

Anonymous said...

That is a VERY cool jar... would it make a good pasta jar?

Anonymous said...

sure its a good pasta jar!

I signed up for beginner 2 pottery, the top level! Why? I dunno, soak up the atmosphere,get out of the usual routine

Susan as Herself said...

That shape of jar looks like something out of Alice and Wonderland. if it said EAT ME on it, it could be a prop in the movie!

Anonymous said...

Great jar!! Lots of nice tidbits of info, too. :-)

I hope you class went well!!

Mother of Invention said...

Here's to tigers and spring coming and March 1st b-days! We'll get some of that storm just south of us...man, is it frigid up here!
(Mooky gets into trouble but leaves a trail andentertains the tile setters on todays's "Cats on Tuesdays"!)

Anonymous said...

You had your chance, denis, and you blew it.