Thursday, December 28, 2006

that tweedy look: Handles, chapter 7


But first, dreams. I was working for a tech company (hohohoHO!) as a number two and lying on a couch and we had to interview two people for a job, the first of whom was my wife. My imperious boss didn't say much about it, and the second candidate was very qualified and older, a widow and single mother and he offered her seven and a half million a year. I was thinking my wife could be hired for some fat fraction of that if the company was so wealthy.....I haven't worked for anybody in a long while.
OK, mugs and handles. January is all about new projects in clay for the new year. I am looking around the studio and updating old ideas. I have been fiddling with handles for several months, this guy is a fluted cylinder with a herringbone tweed patterned handle. I know, it looks cool, and how did I do it? I have my secrets.....

4 comments:

Lucia said...

I´m guessing the handle is an impression of something...

Anonymous said...

Good guess, but like I say, SECRET. Thanks for stopping in!

Lynnea said...

Its fun to watch you toying with new ideas. The creative process in action. I really like the texture, it adds quite a bit and for me, its nice that there is just a little of it, not over done you know?

Also, the jewelry boxes are interesting. Can't wait to see more glazed ones!

Anonymous said...

Well, mags, like I say, I like to show what I am up to, but I keep my secrets about how.