Thursday, December 14, 2006

Petey's ghost


Dreamt long and hard about our little dog Petey who passed away in May, nearly 19 years old. He spent EVERY moment with me. A perfect work companion and friend. He had been living on the streets in Chicago in 1993, and we took him home, he was probably half corgi, half dachschund, half sweet, half tough. Anyway, his ghost kept appearing to me in the dream, and he was pretty happy and cheerful, as he had been in life.
Tunes of the day, especially for Gorthos, Max Headroom and The Art of Noise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful and sad story all at the same time. I admit, I'm a "sucker" for animals and would have done what you did in a heartbeat without thinking. Good to hear and see in this day and age! I can just the happy and safe life he had with you.

Good on you.

Anonymous said...

::sniff:: Damn you and your sappy happy dog stories.

Anonymous said...

Oh Greg and cm, he was a grand little dog. Soo affectionate with us, but ready to attack anyone who threatened us, including 2 different German Shepherds and a pit bull once, he chased them all away, and he was tiny!
It still makes me cry, I miss him so much, but he had a GREAT life. I wish I was as noble and loyal and strong as he was.

Anonymous said...

petey was a great dog! i'm sure he will be waiting for you...