Sunday, December 31, 2006

Armageddon, maybe not this week


Much discussion of dreams yesterday, and I had a variety of them last night, including one of my senior year in college (one of the top three dream themes) and Denis was there, yes the same Denis who was really there 20 some years ago, and also comments here (happy New Years, BIG D, and thanks for visiting my dreams!). BUT the more interesting, never before seen dream was the one where everybody was getting ready for Satan's ride onto earth with the four horsemen and the ensuing Armageddon and people were moving into backyard shelters BUT I was unconvinced and unworried.
I have a little order for little piggies, which got me thinking I should make little pigs for our 2 cars rearview mirrors, so I made two with loops on back for a bit of string.

7 comments:

Lynnea said...

Nothing like Armageddon dreams to get you thinking about pigs eh?

Just kidding.

Its quite telling that in the dream you are so pragmatic, I think.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to think that I would face my won death "unconvinced and unworried." Who knows, though.

I can't remember the origin, but I like this: "I want to die like my grandfather: in my sleep and relaxed. Not screaming like the other people in the car."

Your downer of the day, courtesy of Gordo.

Lucia said...

My first thought with your title and the photo was the four piggies of the Apocolypse. But it looks like they'll become models for swingin' mirror piggies instead.

The Internationalist said...

Your dream suggests that you will be among the few who are chosen and will therefore fly up to Heaven and so have nothing to fear. Are you a Protestant? This sounds like a Protestant's dream.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lucia, the four piggies of the apocalypse! But they look so friendly! That's a good sign! Well, yes, Gordo, I have to say that earthquakes and tornadoes and terrorist bombs, asteroids, cancer and all the rest are a tad more worrisome than Satan and the four horseman, to me. There are some people who figure that since married gay couples may want abortions, the US is doomed. I am unworried and unconvinced, at least as far as hot figures with cloven hoofs and horsemen are concerned. I am glad our philosopher Marian stopped by, yes, I am protestant, progressive Episcopalian (Anglican) actually. I have been wondering if certain keywords on this post might attract a certain type of blog commenter, but no sign of them yet. So, the dream, sure, practical, but I think we have more to fear from nature and each other than what some people might call mythological figures.

The Internationalist said...

Happy 2007! I've posted some photos of New Year's here in Budapest.

Anonymous said...

i enjoy visiting your dreams. they always so much fun.

as for armageddon, you can see what BS the color chart is.