Friday, February 16, 2007

stein mit spurs


I look at the stats for sitemeter and see that nobody reads this blog anymore, not even my parents or wife. Just me and my cat, and even he visits it while asleep. Obviously the reason is the unicorn virus, mentioned below, and this new assault on good taste, boot mugs, and even worse, boot steins. I tried to put up a nice picture of a piggy mug I made yesterday, and this hideous thing came up instead.
(OK, none of the above is true, although it is a hideous, yet oddly appealing stein)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you blame people? Why would anyone want to read about stinkin' unicorns?

gary rith said...

I know, it is truly awful. I hope they go away before I get REALLY upset.

Gordo said...

Hmm ... It is appealing, isn't it? WHat about trilobytes? Can you make them?

;-)

gary rith said...

you know, gordo, there are trilobytes and other fossilized shells around here, probably around your end of Lake Ontario too, and YES, it would be impossibly easy to make them if you had a nice one in relief to work with: a little soft soap on the fossil, press into soft clay to make a mold, fire up the mold, make millions of trilobytes.

Mona Buonanotte said...

Yeah, but you're what I call a 'prolific' blogger...I'm lucky to get one post in a day, and here you are posting multiples! You overachiever you....

I've come to the conclusion that I'm a-scared of unicorns....

Alan said...

...hideous, yet oddly appealing stein...

And what is your point?

You can find plenty of trilobyte imprints at the Museum of the Earth. Can you make the trilobyte stand on its arse with its mouth open so it is a stein?

Gordo said...

Put boots on it's feet.

gary rith said...

Mona, I might be a little more afraid of hideous German steins AND now we have a lawyer on board, asking me my point? On my own blog? A trilobite stein?
I have actually just made an even bigger boot, so please let my pal br know, and please, leave the brief at the door.