Saturday, February 24, 2007

over the river and through the woods...






My parents live on a snowy hillside farm here in snowy upstate NY. This blog has come with me to visit them before, and I was there this morning. We have had much snowier winters, but things have been snowy enough of late. Here is your blog host GR with Abby, the parent's dog, me on the KUBOTA with monster SNOW BLOWER and scoop attachments (yeehah!) and my pops with Abby. They have the most gorgeous farm on earth, their own clean swimming and fishing pond, a river, a creek, meadow, hillsides, house, barn, woodshed and not one but TWO old outhouses.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any rooms to let? :-)

My great-aunt's outhouse was the last building on her property to fall down. Whenever she visited, she'd go over and give it a kick. Those things were built to last.

Gordo said...

I have a video clip of the destruction of the old outhouse at the cottage. Pete (my brother) killed it with a backhoe. :-)

Anonymous said...

It is fortunate that neither outhouse is needed, as indoor facilities were added 15 years ago. Each house, however, still has tp in a coffee can and maybe a candle, for light. I have no sentimental feelings about such buildings, esp. when it is cold.

Anonymous said...

it looks like utopia.

it also looks like they could deal with an unlimited amount of snow.

gary rith said...

A lot, maybe not unlimited.

Mother of Invention said...

I'm lovin' looking at that summer dock pic! Still snowing and skiinh here!

Anonymous said...

I was trying to point out the contrast between how it looks now and how it looked 6 months ago. The water would be a bit chilly today.