Wednesday, February 14, 2007

DSL DOWN, SNOW IN PILES

Just got off the phone with tech support, 35 minutes of my life: POOF! He told me what I knew was true, last night till this am the system was (technobabble), basically being electronically rebooted or something. OK, up and running now.

So far, 14 inches of snow, 20 more may fall by midnight. Just another day in paradise. Everything is closed EXCEPT Cornell where Mrs Potsblog works, including Cortland State and Ithaca College, but I told the missus the heck with it. I see various neighbors out there snow blowing, I am hopeful that if I don't go out to shovel, one of them will take pity on me and blow the drive.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Pottersblog, you can't say that! What if one of the neighbors takes pity on you AND THEN reads this????? Sneaky people must remain so. I can't believe I am telling you this.

Anonymous said...

ugh. it is awful.

Mother of Invention said...

You guys are really geting pummeled! Declare your own snow day, stoke the fire and have a great Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

well, yes. the missus gave me an enormous bottle of Scotch for Valentine's, so there is something to reward shoveling.

Alan said...

We have dodged a bit so far. It seems to be heavier about 30 to 50 miles south.

Abigail S said...

Augh! I hate shoveling snow. Growing up, my dad would make all us kids help. Pure torture... I think he thought it would help us build character... But all it did was build a cold!

Well, enjoy that Scotch after you shovel!

Anonymous said...

Looking at the drifts out there, I see why people vacation amongst palm trees and warm beaches.

Anonymous said...

what are you talking about?! snow is to be cherished. think beautiful white landscapes. think skiing. think snowshoeing.

Anonymous said...

I took pictures of the drifts in the yard, as they're the first drifts in the five years I've lived here. Can't get the balcony door open due to the wind. Fun!

Gordo said...

Denis is right, enjoy it. We have a neighbour who periodically blows out our driveway, but I always feel terrible when he does it: the man has a heart condition. Jeez, just what we need, having a nice neighbour die doing us a favour.