Friday, February 16, 2007

LOWBROW: not this potter's cup of tea





Truly, I am a guy now who, for better or worse makes boot mugs. This is an ancient and awful tradition, which I have no respect for. BUT, as a person is sometimes surprised to find: I am good at it, just as I am good at making unicorns. A person is surprised by these previously unknown talents.
Mona says I post a lot. I do. It is easy. My studio could be better heated, and I work in there with 2 shirts and 2 fleece jackets PLUS a wool hat. It is awfully cold, and my hands are in and out of water. I get some work done, then run out here to warm my hands at the keyboard.

3 comments:

Gordo said...

Lowbrow is fun every now and then, Gary! Revel in it. :-)

Mother of Invention said...

Mona's right! I can't keep up and thought I ws going nuts when I check later and there's many I've missed on the same date...Stop playing with our snowblogged minds, Potter-man or YOU'LL get the BOOT! (Unfired! Unkilned or whatever is the proper term in Pottery jargon!)

gary rith said...

Gordo is my friend. All the rest of you are abusive and rotten. I don't have to put up with this! It's my blog!