Friday, May 11, 2007

I swear I won't get any more pets, really!


Alright, off this am to the spca to volunteer, then tomorrow dog training at the spca. I have had cat training, and last week Franklin climbed into my lap and....almost came home. We have four pets total, which I think is a good max, because in an emergency we could each grab two. I think about things that way. But I shall play with Franklin and guide him toward a good home because he is a charmer. Think about it: the world is full of sweet pets in shelters looking for a home.
As for dogs over there, they seem to have a lot of pit bulls. I won't go near them. That is why our (just before we adopted her) sweet little beagle Penny was living in the manager's office. She is NO pit bull. My wife wonders if it is unfair that we took home the prize dog of the shelter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dreamt last night that I adopted a bunny. I blame you.

gary rith said...

bunnies are easy to care for CM!

Gordo said...

I've met numerous friendly pit bulls, Gary. Just like ANY animal, you just have to be careful with them.

meno said...

Certainly not unfair to her.

gary rith said...

I know you're right Gord, but I won't go near them. I don't like German Sherpherds either.
There is another beagle over there now, they wanted to know if I would take him.....

Anonymous said...

just listening to CBC radio the other day about a monestary down "your way" in NY that raises German Shepards and each monk trains one pup from the day they are weaned. They have a very thorough screening process for people wanting their dogs. I need to look them up I think

Anonymous said...

oops... monastary not monestary

gary rith said...

perhaps they are the monks at New Skete, Cambridge, NY?