Sunday, March 30, 2008


(pottery by Ellen) My old pal Ellen checks in with an update on a glaze we had discussed (lookit that pot up there, yeow!)

"Gary,

I just wanted to thank you for your help in my getting a raspberry glaze to work. Here are a few pictures of the first pieces I used it on. It worked better than I had hoped. The way it breaks over the edges works very well with my flowers. Thanks again!


Ellen"

and later:

"You should see the ones I pulled out of the kiln this afternoon. Oh, my goodness they are gorgeous. This glaze is incredible over the flowers. It just is perfect. I have one with daisies that I might not be able to part with."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That pot is absolutely beautiful! I love Ellen's flowers. I believe you showed a yellow(ish) pot of hers a while ago with her stunning flowers on it. I shall have to check out her blog later and hopefully see more.

Ellen said...

See, Gary? I TOLD you that glaze would look great with my flowers and I was right! Aren't you glad you shared the recipe with me? Such a bright spot in my chaotically stressful life.....

Anonymous said...

it is a STUNNER

Tink said...

I love love love that color.

Anonymous said...

I love this pot...great shape and nice flower detail