Sunday, April 15, 2007

visitors, commenters, writers, bloggers, jurors



I have really missed being home, although I have learned a ton. Everybody should participate in jury exercises. Strangely, I was assigned jury foreman, so thank gawd I saw how the process goes yesterday. Hung jury again. I said guilty, because the gun tied it all together for me. There was a very fidgety and over-excited prosecutor today, and after the whole exercise I suggested he work on his poker face, look more studious. The defense attorney was a bit of a bombshell, to use an old-fashioned term. She would sit back in her chair and cross her legs in her little mini skirt. I am a bit old-fashioned. I think that if she is going to wear a little skirt and she is trying a case, she should sit forward and keep her feet planted. I suggested to her that her body language was too relaxed, no, I did not spell it out: tiny skirt equals big distraction. But then again, she was a defense atty. with a difficult case, so maybe.....?
There are a million comments down there, and new blog posts. Wonderful! THANK YOU!! It is so much fun getting all these creative people to contribute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CM--lunch was superb, even for a vegan or vegetarian. Box lunches, hummus for me, turkey or roast beef or whatever for everybody else, muffin table, good coffee and tea, all catered. Too much for me.

No comments: