Monday, September 04, 2006

Tax deductible


So, yes, I have a small not easily explained fondness for pigs. If you understand that I like to laugh, and I think pigs are the funniest animal out there, 2+2=4 and you say 'he loves pigs', and more than that, I love making pigs. I have explained before that my first was a piggy bank I made in 1989, and have made and sold thousands of them since, also little pigs in and on mugs, and little piggy sculptures too (see picture above!) So, we went to the State Fair, and saw piglets, as pictured here, pig judging, a pig fight, and pigs at play. In every pen with 2 or more pigs, they cuddled up next to each other. In a pair of neighboring pens, two single pigs had fallen asleep with their noses touching. These are intelligent and social animals. The 2 sets of piglets piled on each other, and I took movies of that and feeding too. I don't know why I have a talent for making pig sculptures, especially since I own cats and don't make them easily at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A pig fight? Do tell...

(My word verification included "sty" - coincidence? I wonder.)

gary rith said...

Yeah, during the judging and weigh in. There was a strong looking pink porker who took against a spotted guy and picked a fight. Not a surprise I guess because he (or was it she?) had half an ear missing and fresh bloody scratches on his neck already, bfore he even got to the ring. It was awful, actually. The farmers were whacking them, but a guy jumped into the middle, a very scary thing to do, with a sheet of wood and put it between the pigs to seperate them. The pink one was taken away...